Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lauren Do - "It’s tricky"

Here is Lauren Do's post today:

So, in an apparent about-face from last Friday when I was told that the SunCal submission was a public document, apparently both the City and SunCal have gone to Def con stall and I’m getting the runaround. According to SunCal spokesman, Joe Aguirre, they are not releasing the documents because of the “confidentiality agreement” between the City and SunCal.

The unspoken is that it appears that the blockage is coming from the City side (surprise surprise) So, in the public (namely, my own) interest, I’ve submitted a public records request and if the City wants to justify how precisely it is not in the public’s interest given the election, I can’t wait to get the answer. For a City that is interested in “transparency” and and “informed populace”, it will be interesting to see how they justify that these documents are not public. So far, I have not received a response yet from the City Attorney’s office, but it’s only been a day.